Tuition and Financial Aid
- 120 credits are required to complete the program
- $675.00 per credit hour (includes both in-state and out-of-state students)
- Total tuition: $81,000.00
- Each incoming 1st year student will receive a full-time (20 hrs/week) Graduate Assistantship (GA). A full-time GA position will provide $5,600.00 along with a 6-credit hour tuition waiver (totaling $4,050.00) for a total of $9,650.00 per semester. Each incoming 1st year student will receive this full-time GA position in the fall and spring semesters of the first year. No GA will be awarded during the summer terms.
- 2nd and 3rd year students will receive a half-time (10 hrs/week) GA position that will provide $2,800.00 along with a 3-credit hour tuition waiver ($2,025.00) for a total of $4825.00. Again, no GA positions will be awarded during the summer terms.
- Students are encouraged to apply for licensure as a Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA) after receiving their master’s degree, which will increase their chances of obtaining a paid clinical practicum position.
- Students who have their master’s degree will also be eligible to apply for paid positions as adjunct course instructors and online course moderators.
- Students entering the program with a master’s degree in Clinical Psychology (or a related field) will be eligible for 10-hr GA positions. Students entering the program with graduate degrees are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities described above for paid practicum experiences and teaching.
Applicants with Master’s Degree/Transfer Credits
- Applicants who already have a Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology (or a related field) may apply for admission into the doctoral program.
- The graduate school may accept up to 42 credit hours towards the completion of the Psy.D. degree at EKU.
- Previous graduate coursework must align with EKU courses in the doctoral program.
- Credit for previous graduate coursework will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Clinical faculty.
- Transfer credits will be prioritized for non-clinical coursework (e.g., statistics, social, cognitive, developmental)
Students entering the program with a master’s degree in psychology must complete at least three full-time years of education and training at EKU, including a one-year internship. At least one of the three years in residency at the program must be fulltime.